Re: [liturgy-l] When are "converts" received in the Roman Church

  • wx5116
    Message 1 of 204 , Mar 27, 2013
      My impression is that most confirmations in the Catholic Church these days, at least in the US, are done by priests given faculties for same.

      Arlington VA USA
      dlewisaao@...

      In a message dated 3/27/2013 11:47:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, DJP4LAW@... writes:

      Yeah, Scott, that's what I would expect.

      My friend has gone through RCIA, and I guess I just assumed that the bishop was somehow involved, but if it's a vigil thing, the bishop wouldn't/couldn't be there. I just didn't think this through ever.

      But I still think Maundy Thursday is an odd time for reception.

      Peace
      Dwight Penas
      Minneapolis
      "Anyone who thinks that he has understood the divine scriptures or any part of them, but cannot by his understanding build up this double love of God and neighbor, has not yet succeeded in understanding them." -- Augustine

      Message 204 of 204 , Apr 9, 2013
        On 4/9/13 2:43 PM, "Simon Kershaw" <simon@...> wrote:

        >In this case, however, the BBC is not to blame since the 1980s
        >adaptation of Brideshead was made by Granada not by the BBC.

        Oh thank heaven. One can hardly expect a lower-caste usurper to the BBC's
        primacy to pronounce things correctly.

        Although I much preferred Claire Bloom to Emma Thompson.