Re: [liturgy-l] Inauguration of Archbishop of Canterbury

  • James O'Regan
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 21, 2013
      Here are some:

      This looks like a good version about 36 minutes of highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLirdU0QIdM

      Give it a few days and I am sure YouTube will have the whole thing.

      All the best,

      James O'Regan
      oregan@...

      On 2013-03-21, at 2:20 PM, Davide Lopez wrote:

      I really would like to see it and follow it with the booklet you showed, but I can find only photos.. although I am not a Verdi's fan :-)

      DL

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 25, 2013
        On 21/03/2013 17.49, Lewis Whitaker wrote:
        > ....and never forget that the Archbishop of Canterbury is a Civil Servant.

        I'm not sure I can forget it because I have never known it.

        And, more to the point, it isn't true either.

        Whilst the clergy of the state church ore other recognized church might
        be civil servants in some countries (especially north European Lutheran
        ones, perhaps), the clergy are not civil servants in England, nor have
        they ever been.

        simon

        --
        Simon Kershaw
        simon@...
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 25, 2013
          Except for the whole selected from the Crown Appointment Committee by the Prime Minister, confirmed by the Crown part.

          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 25, 2013
            On 3/25/13 5:54 PM, "Simon Kershaw" <simon@...> wrote:

            >Whilst the clergy of the state church ore other recognized church might
            >be civil servants in some countries (especially north European Lutheran
            >ones, perhaps), the clergy are not civil servants in England, nor have
            >they ever been.

            This is a fine point, isn't it? The senior clerical positions in the
            Church of England are political nominations and they are paid out of the
            income of protected endowments.