Re: [liturgy-l] Holy Saturday interactive family service

  • wx5116
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 9, 2013
      Yes, when push comes to shove, people want the real thing and can tell when they are not getting it.

      Arlington VA USA
      dlewisaao@...

      From: Frank Senn <fcsenn@...>
      Subject: Re: [liturgy-l] Holy Saturday interactive family service

      Is "messy church" a term that is really being used?  It's a new one to me.

      "Messy Church" is a staple of the "Fresh Expressions" Evangelical movement in the Church of England which is being promoted heavily in severa l dioceses of the Anglican Church of Canada and probably in the Episcopal Church as well.

      Along with Natural Church Development (NCD) they are mistakenly, I think, being used as Church Growth vehicles.

    • James
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 11, 2013
        what on earth! I can just imagine this: Priest to acolyte: Where did you put my crotalus? Acolyte: what?

        rdr James.
        Liturgical trivia knows no boundaries!
        Kind of like skufias and gremiales...