Re: [liturgy-l] The Donation of Constantine!

  • John Dornheim
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013
      I believe that the proper term is descalced.

      John Dornheim

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 28, 2013, at 9:04 PM, "Jim ." <jim.meriden@...> wrote:

      I believe the Cardinal O'Malley is a Franciscan?....traditionally they wear sandals instead of shoes.
      I once saw a Franciscan friar, a visitor to my parish, on Good Friday, approaching to kiss the Cross, barefooted, with a most intense look on his face. I later asked my Franciscan pastor about this, and he said that this frian is a most intense person. The look of his face has stayed with me until this day.   Evidentely it is has habit to be bare-footed on a regular basis.

      To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
      From: lhwhitaker@...
      Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 19:39:23 -0500
      Subject: Re: [liturgy-l] The Donation of Constantine!

      Cardinal O'Malley wore sandals, like Jesus.

      On Feb 28, 2013, at 6:53 PM, "Pastor Art Hebbeler" <pastor@...> wrote:

      No, he received brown shoes from Mexico, and will wear them instead of the red from now on, or so he said through official sources.

      Art Hebbeler

      From: cowling.douglas@...
      Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:33:45 -0500
      Subject: [liturgy-l] The Donation of Constantine!

      Well, I've heard it all now. CNN just unformed us that the papal red shoes were the gift of the Emperor Constantine who gave the popes the regalia of the Roman emperors.

      Historians must be lying on the floor weeping at this tsunami of misinformation.