The Donation of Constantine!

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013
      Well, I've heard it all now. CNN just unformed us that the papal red shoes were the gift of the Emperor Constantine who gave the popes the regalia of the Roman emperors.

      Historians must be lying on the floor weeping at this tsunami of misinformation.

    • Jim .
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013
        I read that someone in Mexico gave them to him on one of his trips.

        To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
        From: cowling.douglas@...
        Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:33:45 -0500
        Subject: [liturgy-l] The Donation of Constantine!

        Well, I've heard it all now. CNN just unformed us that the papal red shoes were the gift of the Emperor Constantine who gave the popes the regalia of the Roman emperors.

        Historians must be lying on the floor weeping at this tsunami of misinformation.

      • Pastor Art Hebbeler
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013

          No, he received brown shoes from Mexico, and will wear them instead of the red from now on, or so he said through official sources.

          Art Hebbeler

          I read that someone in Mexico gave them to him on one of his trips.

          To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
          From: cowling.douglas@...
          Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:33:45 -0500

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013
            Cardinal O'Malley wore sandals, like Jesus.

            To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
            From: cowling.douglas@...
            Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:33:45 -0500

            Well, I've heard it all now. CNN just unformed us that the papal red shoes were the gift of the Emperor Constantine who gave the popes the regalia of the Roman emperors.

            Historians must be lying on the floor weeping at this tsunami of misinformation.

          • John Dornheim

              To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
              From: cowling.douglas@...
              Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:33:45 -0500

              Well, I've heard it all now. CNN just unformed us that the papal red shoes were the gift of the Emperor Constantine who gave the popes the regalia of the Roman emperors.

              Historians must be lying on the floor weeping at this tsunami of misinformation.

              “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to yearn for the endless immensity of the sea.” Antoine de Saint-Exuperay

              Follow my blog at http://churchstuff-moreorless.blogspot.com/

                To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013

                  Yes, and the Great Buda went barefoot!

                  To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013
                      I believe the Cardinal O'Malley is a Franciscan?....traditionally they wear sandals instead of shoes.
                      I once saw a Franciscan friar, a visitor to my parish, on Good Friday, approaching to kiss the Cross, barefooted, with a most intense look on his face. I later asked my Franciscan pastor about this, and he said that this frian is a most intense person. The look of his face has stayed with me until this day.   Evidentely it is has habit to be bare-footed on a regular basis.

                      To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com

                      To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
                      From: cowling.douglas@...
                      Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:33:45 -0500

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 28, 2013
                        I believe that the proper term is descalced.

                        John Dornheim

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com

                        To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com