RE: [liturgy-l] Receiving Communion more than once on a given day

  • Jim .
    Message 1 of 50 , Jan 23, 2013

      Can.  917 A person who has already received the Most Holy Eucharist can receive it a second time on the same day only within the eucharistic celebration in which the person participates, without prejudice to the prescript of can. 921, §2.

      To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
      From: anglican@...
      Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:45:40 -0600
      Subject: Re: [liturgy-l] Receiving Communion more than once on a given day

      Twice is what Canon Law states.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 22, 2013, at 3:40 PM, "Jim ." <jim.meriden@...> wrote:

      I've been told more than once that receiving communion more than once a day is acceptable. Example: I sing in the choir. On Easter Sunday we may sing at as many as 3 masses. We are allowed to receive at each mass because receiving at each means that we are  most fully participating at the Eucharistic sacrifice.

      To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
      From: dlewisaao@...
      Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 21:35:36 -0500

      What is the understanding out there on whether it is licit to receive Communion more than once on a given day?

      It would make sense that such should not happen more than once/day in a given Eucharistic community.  But what about a situation where one is at one parish for the usual Sunday Mass and then later in the day is at a special Mass in another parish?

      Comments are encouraged.

    • Michael Thannisch
      Message 50 of 50 , Jan 23, 2013
        You are correct.  I wish Fr. Joseph had saved the ablutions till the last mass.  Since he always overpoured the wine and I helped him with the ablutions, sometimes I had had too much by the end of the third  service.

        Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach

        +Mar Michael Abportus
        Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham
        http://www.freewebs.com/childrenofabraham/