Re: [liturgy-l] Re: Two-tier masses?

  • Ian Gomersall
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 5, 2012
      I too have doubts about the 'many liturgies, one theology' approach.

      Doesn't the liturgical difference produce in itself different theologies? Differering ways of speaking of God - theologies.

      The ordinaritae rite comes from a different theological background to, say, the rite of the Uniate Armenians. I suspect that will lead to different theological outlooks if not different theologies.

      Similarly the theology of Opus Dei - to an outsider - seems rather different from the theology of some RC priests in latin America, or have a missed a point there?

      Ian

      Tips for longevity from a 90yr old. On our church blog: www.stchrysostoms.wordpress.com

      On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:56 AM, James <rdrjames@...> wrote:

      But remember that the various eastern Orthodox bodies respect each others' episcopates, and have the same ecclesiologies and concelabrate frequently (greek, russian antiochian etc), and even share episcopates and priestly clergy now and then. Just sayin'!

      rdr. James Morgan

      --

      Ian Gomersall

      Have a look at our church blog: www.stchrysostoms.wordpress.com