Lert's hear it for traditionalism!

  • Rdr James
    Message 1 of 9 , May 28, 2012

      http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/2012/05/primary-school-children-and-usus.html

      Extraordinary Form Mass for Primary School Children

      by Melanie Bullivant

      On Thursday 24th May 2012, Fr. George Grynowski celebrated Mass according to the usus antiquior for the Junior school children of St. John Fisher Primary School, West Heath, Birmingham. It was our second annual Extraordinary Form Mass with the children and was preceded by an assembly in school the day before, during which Fr. George gave the children a short talk about the history of the Mass and explained the differences between the Ordinary and Extraordinary forms. Today’s Low Mass included three commentaries, which the children read before the Offertory, before the Canon and after Holy Communion. The Regina Caeli was sung after Mass, following a request from one of the children in the assembly. The children completed a written reflection about the Mass when they returned to school. The many positive comments included, “I liked that it was spoken in Latin, how it should be all the time”; “It is silent and more peaceful” and “It was quiet which gave me more time to pray”. One third of the children in Year 5 said they preferred Mass in the Extraordinary Form.

      *****Funny that these kids who were brought up under the Novus ordo would opt for the elder ways?

      Jim of Olym,

        Message 3 of 9 , May 29, 2012
          Maybe in Latin there appears to be more mystery?

          Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach

          +Mar Michael Abportus
          Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham
          http://www.freewebs.com/childrenofabraham/
          http://patriotstatesman.com/
          http://laportemorganspointshoreacresnews.webs.com/
          http://santoeastcemeteryassociation.webs.com/
          204 Sylvan Ave.
          La Porte, TX 77571
          281-867-9081 (home)
          281-867-0335 (office)
          832-266-8153 (mobile)
          281-867-0576 (fax)

              Message 6 of 9 , May 29, 2012
                Re: [liturgy-l] Lert's hear it for traditionalism! On 5/29/12 1:25 PM, "dlewisaao@..." <dlewisaao@...> wrote:

                Plus those of us in the Ordinariate have a choice among Novus Ordo English, Novus Ordo Latin, Extraordinary Form (Latin), and Anglican Use - and not to forget the various Eastern Rites which have parishes in this area!

                Hmmmm ... Does anyone celebrate the Extraordinary Rite in English?

              • Lewis H. Whitaker
                Message 7 of 9 , May 29, 2012
                  How long will the Anglican Use/Rite be allowed to exist before Rome crushes it?

                  I can't envision more than a few generations, but then I'm cynical.

                  Lew

                  On May 29, 2012, at 6:15 PM, Douglas Cowling <cowling.douglas@...> wrote:

[...]

                      No virus found in this message.