Re: [liturgy-l] Example of a Union blessing for Men

  • John Dornheim
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 1, 2001
      Brett Eustace wrote:

      > Asking God to bless apostasy?
      >
      > Good luck...

      This type of a response was addressed recently by the owners. At that time, it was made perfectly clear that there is not consensus on this and other issues. If you do not wish to participate in a
      discussion about these liturgies (should one begin) kindly hit the delete button and you will not have your conscience troubled.
      Mama always said, if you can't say something nice...

      John Dornheim
      co-owner
    • James O'Regan
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 8, 2001
        Dwight Penas wrote and I snipped:

        > We have both long lamented the de-sacralizing of marriage within the
        > Church, and we felt that this was a way both to do things right and to
        > strike a blow for re-claiming sacramentals for the Church.

        Here again, desacralization of marriage may simply be tradition-
        specific. In RC churches when both parties are RC and sometimes when
        only one is, marriage is celebrated within a eucharistic liturgy.
        But then RC's are prone to eucharisticize almost anything.

        Traditions that do not have daily, weekly or even monthly eucharist
        would porobably find a special eucharistic context for marriage as
        somewhat odd.

        So, concerns over sacralization or not of marriage may not be a
        "Church" matter but a "traditions" matter.

        James O'Regan
        http://www.jamesoregan.com
        tel 613-824-4706