Re: [liturgy-l] A bon mot from the Pope ...

  • Lewis H. Whitaker
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2012
      That'll preach!

      Lew

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2012
        Life is not perfect in the Church Militant Here on Earth.

        In a message dated 2/19/2012 7:03:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, cowling.douglas@... writes:
        "When one looks at what is going on in the Holy See, the message regarding
        the human shortcomings of clerics that the then cardinal Ratzinger had
        pronounced during the Jubilee, still ring true today. He recalled Cardinal
        Consalvi¹s (Secretary of State during the pontificate of St. Pius VII)
        response to an ambassador who informed him of Napoleon¹s intention to
        destroy the Church: ³He will never manage to destroy it. Even we were not
        able to.²

        http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/homepage/the-vatican/detail/articolo/be
        nedetto-xvi-benedict-xvi-benedicto-xvi-12817/

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)