Feminisation

  • Michael Thannisch
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2012
      I find it interesting  how few women are in some of the groups I participate in including this one.  Since many do not list their real names, sometimes it is hard to guess and I was too lazy to go through all the names on this list to see how many were female, but I not in other groups that I am a member of of which deal with particular details of liturgy (such as architecture), the number of women was 5% or less in every group.  Considering how many churches now ordain women, I find this rather interesting.

      Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach

      +Mar Michael Abportus
      Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham
      http://www.freewebs.com/childrenofabraham/
      http://patriotstatesman.com/
      http://laportemorganspointshoreacresnews.webs.com/
      http://santoeastcemeteryassociation.webs.com/
      204 Sylvan Ave.
      La Porte, TX 77571
      281-867-9081 (home)
      281-867-0335 (office)
      832-266-8153 (mobile)
      281-867-0576 (fax)
    • R Drake
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2012
        Not sure about this group, but I know that there are several other women beside myself who have participated regularly since I've been in the group.  Worship-RCL has numerous women who post regularly, although I can't tell from that what the proportions are in the list membership overall.  My guess is that there are somewhat more women in Worship-RCL than in Liturgy-L, many of whom are in leadership positions (ordained or not) in their respective churches.

        (Ms) Robin Drake (yes, I know it's confusing for English-speakers outside the USA!)

        "Happiness is a how, not a what; a talent, not an object." - Hermann Hesse