Re: [liturgy-l] New Roman Missal

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29, 2011
      I went to the 12:00 Mass at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in DC
      on Sunday, because inter alia they do a VG job liturgically and musically.
      Everything came off pretty much as expected, with the celebrant staying on
      message except when he said "We" rather than "I" in beginning a section of
      the Creed. There was a service sheet which bolded the places where new
      language was involved. The Mass began without explanation of new language
      going to be used - we all simply did it, and that was fine. And of course
      there were goofs on the part of the people throughout. But the language
      itself came across as good liturgical language, i.e., a cut above normal street
      discourse.

      In a message dated 11/29/2011 9:07:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      skreed1@... writes:

      That sounds like what you need, rather than a Daily Missal.

      Good comments here locally about the new Mass translation. I've heard
      several say why weren't they given this back in the 60's?

      SWR