  • Michael Thannisch
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2011
      While I have swinging and spinning thurifers in my head, I thought of an incident many years ago.

      I was part of the Education for Ministry programme in the Episcopal Church in Honduras, and we were asked, what annoyed us the most in church.  One of our group, Charles Mathews mentioned that the thing that annoyed him the most was when women came in late with high heels which made a terrific noise on our wooden floor.  Our moderator (now a priest here in Texas) with a perfectly straight face told Charles that he should bring a pair of pliers to church and wait at the door, and if any ladies came in late, he was to twist their heels off.  It was several weeks at least before a women could come in late without me having to suppress a laugh.

      Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach   +Mar Michael Abportus mjthannisch@... Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham http://www.freewebs.com/childrenofabraham/
      http://patriotstatesman.com/
      http://laportemorganspointshoreacresnews.webs.com/
      http://santoeastcemeteryassociation.webs.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/people/Michael-Joe-Thannisch/1173094868 204 Sylvan Ave.
      La Porte, TX 77571 281-867-9081 (home)
      281-867-0335 (office)
      832-266-8153 (mobile)
      281-867-0576 (fax)

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2011
        Yeah, women in church really are annoying.

        What does this have to do with anything, Michael?

        Lew

        On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Michael Thannisch <
        mjthannisch@...> wrote:

        > While I have swinging and spinning thurifers in my head, I thought of an
        > incident many years ago.
        >
        > I was part of the Education for Ministry programme in the Episcopal Church
        > in Honduras, and we were asked, what annoyed us the most in church. One of
        > our group, Charles Mathews mentioned that the thing that annoyed him the
        > most was when women came in late with high heels which made a terrific noise
        > on our wooden floor. Our moderator (now a priest here in Texas) with a
        > perfectly straight face told Charles that he should bring a pair of pliers
        > to church and wait at the door, and if any ladies came in late, he was to
        > twist their heels off. It was several weeks at least before a women could
        > come in late without me having to suppress a laugh.
        >
        > Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach +Mar Michael Abportus
        > mjthannisch@... Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham
        > http://www.freewebs.com/childrenofabraham/
        > http://patriotstatesman.com/
        > http://laportemorganspointshoreacresnews.webs.com/
        > http://santoeastcemeteryassociation.webs.com/
        > http://www.facebook.com/people/Michael-Joe-Thannisch/1173094868 204
        > Sylvan Ave.
        > La Porte, TX 77571 281-867-9081 (home)
        > 281-867-0335 (office)
        > 832-266-8153 (mobile)
        > 281-867-0576 (fax)

      • Michael Thannisch
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2011
          It supposed to be funny.  It was hilarious at the time, but probably more so if you knew the people involved.  Charles was a very serious person.