Re: [liturgy-l] Re: Ashes to ashes, anyone?

    Message 1 of 52 , Mar 12 12:46 PM
      Does it help that Doug is actually affiliated with the Anglican Church
      of Canada, not The Episcopal Church?

      On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 2:38 PM, <SJZiobro@...> wrote:

      > As an aside I think it would help us here to note that Douglas Cowling's affiliation is with the Episcopal Church.  This ecclesial body isn't particularly noted for its preservation of the older disciplines, and it seems a bit disingenuous of him to insinuate blame on Vatican II for the present state of affairs.
    • Daniel Lawson
      Message 52 of 52 , Mar 16 4:04 AM
        On Mar 15, 2011, at 9:17 PM, Scott Knitter wrote:

        > I've observed this since my RC days, and I've always figured it as one
        > hour before Mass begins. Makes it less of a math game and easier to
        > think about. Not too difficult a fast, though, and neither is the
        > current "eating a lot" sort of fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
        > :)
        >
        > Some of my fellow parishioners fast from midnight on Sunday mornings,
        > I believe. A few would be more pleasant if they didn't.

        I've found that a from midnight pre-Eucharistic fast and being asked
        to help consume the remaining Blood of Christ following the liturgy
        don't mix well. At least I didn't have to drive to get home.

        Peace,
        Daniel Lawson