Re: [liturgy-l] Re: A couple of incense-related questions

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 29, 2010
      On 10/29/10 3:53 PM, "John Schultz" <pukne@...> wrote:

      As I understand it, the good resins are getting very scarce and have become
      extremely costly.Fewer trees, and the remaining trees do not "weep" as much
      as they use to.

      I once had an Ethiopian student whose family have been frankincense
      merchants for centuries. He was in Toronto to study business for the family
      enterprise, but his description of the process of gathering and production
      was like a window into the 1st century. He brought in a jar of pure
      frankincense to show me. It was worth several thousand dollars.