Re: [liturgy-l] Spouses at Ordination Services

  • Michael Thannisch
    Message 1 of 50 , Oct 1, 2010
      Good question, but in years of translating, I have found that different languages have their weaknesses and strengths.  Loss of gender is one of those things that can cause misunderstandings because everything is reduced to it as a pronoun.

      Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach   +Mar Michael Abportus mjthannisch@... Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham http://www.freewebs.com/childrenofabraham/ http://www.facebook.com/people/Michael-Joe-Thannisch/1173094868 204 Sylvan Ave.
      La Porte, TX 77571 281-867-9081 (home)
      281-867-0335 (office)
      832-266-8153 (mobile)
      281-867-0576 (fax)

      Message 50 of 50 , Oct 4, 2010
        On 10/4/2010 5:59 AM, Nathan
        Nettleton quoted:

        > > I find a lot of what goes on in
        > our ordinations now is sentimental -
        > as in
        > > families coming to communion
        > beside the newly ordained as now
        > happens in our
        > > diocese and standing while 'their'
        > person is ordained. It all breaks down
        > > the corporate nature of the Church

        I am of the same opinion.
        I have seen a lot of this particularly
        among the new "alternative Catholic"
        church organizations.
        *

        Tom Poelker
        St. Louis. Missouri
        USA

        /-- Do all the easy nice things you can.
        It?s nice to see people smile,
        and it?s good practice. --/

        *