Re: [liturgy-l] Spouses at Ordination Services

  • Kevin Riley
    Message 1 of 50 , Sep 30, 2010
      On 1/10/2010 2:46 PM, Michael Thannisch wrote:

      > US Husband & Honduran Wife

      If you have both, then you are definitely a "bridge person" :)

      Does anyother language lend itself to misunderstandings as easily as
      English?

      Kevin

    • Tom Poelker
      Message 50 of 50 , Oct 4, 2010
        On 10/4/2010 5:59 AM, Nathan
        Nettleton quoted:

        > > I find a lot of what goes on in
        > our ordinations now is sentimental -
        > as in
        > > families coming to communion
        > beside the newly ordained as now
        > happens in our
        > > diocese and standing while 'their'
        > person is ordained. It all breaks down
        > > the corporate nature of the Church

        I am of the same opinion.
        I have seen a lot of this particularly
        among the new "alternative Catholic"
        church organizations.
        *

        Tom Poelker
        St. Louis. Missouri
        USA

        /-- Do all the easy nice things you can.
        It?s nice to see people smile,
        and it?s good practice. --/

        *