Re: [liturgy-l] The Ritual reason why

  • Ian Gomersall
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
      When I try Google as suggested it doesnt actually give me the whole book,
      only a few pages. What am I doing wrong!

      Thanks

      Ian
      Do visit our church blog: http://stchrysostoms.wordpress.com/

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
        You should see a Download link just above the page image, and you
        should have arrow buttons you can click to move back and forth in the
        book, as well as a Contents button to choose a chapter. Are none of
        these there? I wonder whether there's a restriction for U.K. users?

        <http://books.google.com/books?id=X589AAAAYAAJ&dq=ritual%20reason%20why&pg=PR5#v=twopage&q&f=false>

        --
        Scott R. Knitter
        Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
          Thanks for the help Scott, but no download button here, and none of the
          arrows you describe.

          Ian
          Do visit our church blog: http://stchrysostoms.wordpress.com/

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2010
            --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, Walter Knowles <wrknowles@...> wrote:

            > Google books is your friend.

            ... if you read them, but not if you write them. ;)

            Chris
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 4, 2010
              The people who wrote them have been dead for about 75 years. I don't think
              they mind.

              On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Chris <cdmcconnell@...> wrote:

              > --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, Walter Knowles <wrknowles@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Google books is your friend.
              >
              > ... if you read them, but not if you write them. ;)
              >
              > Chris

            • Chris
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 4, 2010
                --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, Lewis Whitaker <lhwhitaker@...> wrote:

                > The people who wrote them have been dead for about 75 years. I don't think
                > they mind.

                On Google Books, there are a LOT of books available in "preview" that are much more recent, and haven't passed into the public domain. And sometimes the "preview" can be almost the entire book.
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 4, 2010
                  I've always found that the passage that I needed from "preview" ends just
                  before the critical part.

                  So I always wind up getting the physical copy.

                  YMMV