Re: [liturgy-l] weird dismissal

    Message 1 of 65 , Jun 1, 2010
      Yes.  It is the case in many mainline Protestant churches.  People can't leave until the candles have been extinguished.  There is also a ceremony about lighting the candles.  In both cases, the acolyte is totally at the center of attention, which puts a lot of pressure on young kids.  He or she had better get it exactly right!

      Frank C. Senn

      Message 65 of 65 , Sep 6 2:07 PM
        The joint request for the establishment of the Ordinariate for the US was sent in back in the spring from the ACA/TAC and the Anglican Use Roman Catholic Parishes.

        As soon as it is canonically established parishes and individuals may then become a part.