Re: [liturgy-l] London Liturgy

    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 4, 2010
      I'd echo St. Mary's as well as All SS (not All Souls!)

      Any service at Westminster CATHEDRAL (RCC) is beautiful and dignified, as is
      the building itself. Try to attend a service with full choir. The vision of
      the choirboys climbing up the stairs behind the altar, into the loft never
      ceases to make me think of angels climbing the ladder to heaven. I've not
      met any of the choirboys to confirm that they are far from angelic.

      Lew

      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 9, 2010
        Yes - by golly, the 6s somehow became 9s! Time for new specs and/or new
        brain!

        In a message dated 3/9/2010 3:42:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        scottknitter@... writes:

        I think your 6's did a backflip, David. :) ... 1662 is still official.
        Common Worship is the standard alternative, and its rubrics are noted
        for allowing just about all of the alterations necessary to do the
        Roman Missal liturgy, so parishes using the Roman Missal are, I
        believe, now authorized under the CW rubrics.

        On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM, <dlewisaao@...> wrote:

        > Anglo-Catholics have for many years used the Anglican, English or
        American
        > Missal which builds in RC ceremonial from pre-Vatican II practice. I've
        > seen similar publications that do the same with contemporary Episcopal
        rites
        > in an Episcopal setting. And for that matter, I'm aware that some
        > Evangelical/Charismatic parishes use the BCP pretty much only as a guide,
        > recalling that this was more the case in the 1960s with some of the more
        "liberal"
        > parishes.
        >
        > The "official" liturgy of the Church of England remains the 1992 BCP, if
        > recall correctly. However, there are of course officially sanctioned
        > alternate services widely used. So it is not to be unexpected that may
        English

        --
        Scott R. Knitter
        Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA