Benedict XVI blesses Capella Paoli.

  • cantor03@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6 9:55 AM
      _http://www.daylife.com/photo/0fWudyi5Tk2jK?q=pope_
      (http://www.daylife.com/photo/0fWudyi5Tk2jK?q=pope)

      The post Vatican-2 remodeling of the sanctuary has
      been removed to restore the Chapel's original appearance.
      This includes removing a freestanding altar, and returning
      the old high altar to the sanctuary. The high altar remains
      freestanding, though quite cramped for a versus populum
      celebration, according to some observers.

      The frescoes have been restored, including the main
      "Conversion of Saint Paul" by Michelangelo. The Chapel
      serves as the principal location of the Blessed Sacrament
      in reserve for the Vatican complex.

      David Strang.
      **************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6 10:26 AM
        \On 7/6/09 12:55 PM, "cantor03@..." <cantor03@...> wrote:

        > The frescoes have been restored, including the main
        > "Conversion of Saint Paul" by Michelangelo. The Chapel
        > serves as the principal location of the Blessed Sacrament
        > in reserve for the Vatican complex

        I thought the Bernini Tabernacle in the Julian Chapel was the place of
        public reservation in St. Peter's.

        http://www.saintpetersbasilica.org/Altars/BlSacrament/BlSacrament.htm

      • cantor03@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6 11:39 AM
          In a message dated 7/6/2009 13:28:21 Eastern Daylight Time,
          cowling.douglas@... writes:

          I thought the Bernini Tabernacle in the Julian Chapel was the place of
          public reservation in St. Peter's.>>>>>

          I think the reference to the St. Paul Chapel as a chapel of
          reservation is outside the Basilica itself, in the Vatican
          complex. The Chapel is apparently not open to the general
          public on a regular basis, though there are times when it
          can be toured.

          The Papal Blessing of the Paoli Capella featured Benediction
          of the Blessed Sacrament, which seems appropriate to
          the Chapel's function.