Re: RE: [liturgy-l] Singing the Office

  • JGC001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001

      >I don't know if it is of interest to anyone, but I have a short (depending
      >on how much time you use for meditation between the readings :-) )order for
      >daily worship/prayer that I wrote a while ago with simple (single melody, no
      >accomp., easy to learn and sing) music for versions of a call to worship,
      >gloria patri, sanctus, alleluiah, and maranatha. I sing it (just about)
      >daily privately. In my tradition there are no such thing as daily offices,
      >and I found the ones that I could get my hands on difficult or frustrating.
      >This uses the daily lectionary from the BCP.
      >
      >I wrote the order and music myself, so if there's interest, I can easily
      >post them on the website without fear of the copyright beasts taking us
      >down!
      >
      >Drop me a note personally, and if theres interest I'll post it, otherwise
      >I'll just send it to you.
      >
      >Grace and Peace,
      > `tim

      Dear Tim,

      I'd be interested in a copy of your order of daily worship with music. How
      do you send it? MY snail mail address is

      J.G. Campbell
      PO Box 2783
      Carmichael CA 95609

      I have a venerable Macintosh with fairly limited memory which I am trying to
      upgrade, so I find it difficult to run anything more challenging than the
      native Macintosh graphics (pict or MS Works4.0 or Word 5.1, so I *might* be
      able to view it if you sent it as an attachment. I am still trying to get
      into the late 20th century and have only recently left the simplicity of a
      UNIX shell account for the world of graphical web browsers, so I'm not sure
      how to open some of these files.

      Glenn