Re: [liturgy-l] Alb question

    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 31, 2001
      At 09.03 pm 01/31/2001 -0500, Art Hebbeler wrote:
      >At the same time, the alb is also the basic garment of the baptized, so it
      >would be appropriate for all those serving/leading worship.

      That may be, but I certainly wish I looked better in one.
    • Ormonde Plater
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
        > >At the same time, the alb is also the basic garment of the baptized, so
        it
        > >would be appropriate for all those serving/leading worship.
        >
        > That may be, but I certainly wish I looked better in one.

        As I have remarked to our diocesan clergy (without their amusement), girdles
        make the fat look fatter. The most attractive alb is a long, flowing
        garment, such as those sold by several vestment makers. I have a couple from
        Holy Rood Guild that hide my avoirdupois.

        Ormonde Plater
        oplater@...