Re: King Charles the Martyr (Jan 30)

  • John Ruff
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2009
      Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately the prayer books posted on
      justus.anglican.org are incomplete and lack the calendar. Sigh.

      --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, Michael Thannisch <mjthannisch@...>

      http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bcp/1549/BCP_1549.htm

      > and check the calender in each prayer book.  That should give you a
      good start.

      > Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach
      >
      > +Mar Michel Abportus
      > mjthannisch@...
      > Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham
      > http://www.freewebs.com/childrenofabraham/
      > http://www.facebook.com/people/Michael-Joe-Thannisch/1173094868
      > 204 Sylvan St.
      > La Porte, TX 77571
      > 281-867-9081

    • Michael Thannisch
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2009
        That is a shame.  You might be able to go to:

        http://www.anglicancommunion.org/tour/province.cfm?ID=A2 which gives a web page for all if not most of the provinces.  Some of them will at least have a calendar or list of Hoky Days.

        Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach

        +Michael Joe Thannisch

        wrote:

        > You can go to the following site:
        http://justus. anglican. org/resources/ bcp/1549/ BCP_1549. htm

        > and check the calender in each prayer book.  That should give you a
        good start.

        > Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach
        >
        > +Mar Michel Abportus
        > mjthannisch@ ...
        > Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham
        > http://www.freewebs .com/childrenofa braham/
        > http://www.facebook .com/people/ Michael-Joe- Thannisch/ 1173094868
        > 204 Sylvan St.
        > La Porte, TX 77571
        > 281-867-9081

      • +magdalen/thomas
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2009
          What a relief, I thought I was the only one that celebrated "Hoky" Days. Bright Blessings, +Thomas
          __________________________
          __________________________

          wrote:

          > You can go to the following site:
          http://justus. anglican. org/resources/ bcp/1549/ BCP_1549. htm

          > and check the calender in each prayer book. That should give you a
          good start.

          > Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach
          >
          > +Mar Michel Abportus
          > mjthannisch@ ...
          > Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham
          > http://www.freewebs .com/childrenofa braham/
          > http://www.facebook .com/people/ Michael-Joe- Thannisch/ 1173094868
          > 204 Sylvan St.
          > La Porte, TX 77571
          > 281-867-9081

        • Simon Kershaw
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1, 2009
            Simon Kershaw wrote:
            > England does. 'Charles I' is listed in the 1997 calendar on 30 January as
            > a Lesser festival ('black letter day') along with a proper collect.

            And this is listed as a 'commemoration' in the calendar of the Scottish
            Episcopal Church. It does not appear in the calendar of the Church in
            Wales, nor of the Church of Ireland (which lists only two
            post-Reformation figures -- Jeremy Taylor and Charles Inglis).

            simon

            --
            Simon Kershaw
            simon@...
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 2, 2009
              What can I say, except I need to do better proof reading, of course maybe we could do the Hokey Pokey on the Hoky days.

              ____________ _________ _____
              ____________ _________ _____

              mjthannisch@ sbcglobal. net

              wrote:

              > You can go to the following site:
              http://justus. anglican. org/resources/ bcp/1549/ BCP_1549. htm

              > and check the calender in each prayer book. That should give you a
              good start.

              > Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach
              >
              > +Mar Michel Abportus
              > mjthannisch@ ...
              > Pastor, Congregation Benim Avraham
              > http://www.freewebs .com/childrenofa braham/
              > http://www.facebook .com/people/ Michael-Joe- Thannisch/ 1173094868
              > 204 Sylvan St.
              > La Porte, TX 77571
              > 281-867-9081

            • Father Robert Lyons, SST
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 2, 2009
                You may wish to try this site if it hasn't already been suggested:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Anglican_Church_calendars

                Rob+