RE: [liturgy-l] Re: 18th Century Lutheran Wedding rite

  • bliesem@csl.edu
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 27, 2009
      John,

      Are you also aware of the site http://www.bach-cantatas.com/? 5 entries for "post copulationem" appear.

      Mark J. Bliese
      Saint Louis, Mo.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com [mailto:liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Seboldt
      Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:18 PM
      To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [liturgy-l] Re: 18th Century Lutheran Wedding rite

      In following this thread, I went to the Bach-Gesellschaft edition (the
      digital version available on DVD), and sure enough, in the wedding
      cantata section are three chorale settings of "Was Gott tut," "Sei
      Lob...", and "Nun Danket..." (BWV 250-252). Full instrumentation is
      specified doubling the 4-part voices.

      I have to admit that what first sent me there was Doug's eyebrow-raising
      heading for the second half of the Cantata 197, "Post copulationem."
      Alas, the BG edition doesn't seem to have this ... apparently a more
      up-to-date edition is the one that contains this ;-)

      John Seboldt
      Milwaukee