Re: [liturgy-l] Number of swings in censing Blessed Sacrament

    Message 1 of 64 , Feb 3, 2009
      Yes - I know of a parish in New York City where the current priest does the
      Divine Praises before rather than right after the Benediction per se, and it
      is distracting to those in the congregation who know better.

      David Lewis

      In a message dated 2/3/2009 1:15:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      skreed1@... writes:

      The hymns and motions during the time the Blessed Sacrament is exposed are
      beautiful, and it is not that different than in a great drama, having the
      characters play the scene in the wrong manner. It can be distracting.

    • Sean & Kenra Reed
      Message 64 of 64 , Feb 5, 2009
        I wonder if was are just talking past each other. When you say Eucharist in the context of this discussion, I am thinking the Eucharistic Species- and would have to say that the Eucharistic Species in the Monstrance is not in the least bit difference from the ones in the ciborium in the tabernacle, or from the ones on the corporal during mass, or from the ones consumed.

        I wonder if you are trying to contrast a total concept of Eucharist (including the whole Mass) with what happens at Benediction.

        Is that where we differ?

        Faithfully,

        Sean W. Reed