Re: [liturgy-l] Number of swings in censing Blessed Sacrament

    Message 1 of 64 , Feb 3, 2009
      True, but from the perspective of this list, so many of us are involved at
      the censing end, and it is good to understand and appreciate the rules - as
      opposed to various liturgical types who (even within the same parish) fall prey
      to urban legends and attempt to make their own mark rather than submit to
      rule or tradition.

      David Lewis

      In a message dated 2/3/2009 1:03:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      pukne@... writes:

      I have been biting my tongue over this thread, and I mean no disrespect,
      but a worshiper would have to be pretty bored if they are reduced to
      counting the swings made by the censer.

      John Schultz

      liturgy-l-owner@yahoogroups.comYahoo!
      > Groups Links
      >

      > **************Stay up to date on the latest news - from sports scores to
      > stocks and so much more. (http://aol.com?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000022)

      Groups Links

    • Sean & Kenra Reed
      Message 64 of 64 , Feb 5, 2009
        I wonder if was are just talking past each other. When you say Eucharist in the context of this discussion, I am thinking the Eucharistic Species- and would have to say that the Eucharistic Species in the Monstrance is not in the least bit difference from the ones in the ciborium in the tabernacle, or from the ones on the corporal during mass, or from the ones consumed.

        I wonder if you are trying to contrast a total concept of Eucharist (including the whole Mass) with what happens at Benediction.

        Is that where we differ?

        Faithfully,

        Sean W. Reed