Re: Prayer Content

  • Father Robert Lyons, SST
    Message 1 of 169 , Oct 1, 2008
      --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, Frank Senn <fcsenn@...> wrote:

      > We're asking for the Lord's mercy on those for whom we pray.  For
      what more should we ask?

      > Frank C. Senn

      I dunno... but carried to its true extreme, it makes for some pretty
      brief and bland prayers - even moreso than anything we currently
      have in the liturgy:

      V. For the clergy of the Church, let us pray to the Lord.
      R. Lord, have mercy.

      V. For those in civil authority, let us pray to the Lord.
      R. Lord, have mercy.

      V. For all the other needs we bring with us today, let us pray to
      the Lord.
      R. Lord, have mercy.

      V. Save, help, comfort, and defend us gracious God.
      R. Amen.

      Rob+
    • Tom Poelker
      Message 169 of 169 , Dec 1, 2008
        "I don't see how moving it prevents it from turning it into a social
        hour. That problem isn't caused by positioning."

        what problem?

        Tom Poelker
        St. Louis, Missouri
        USA