Re: [liturgy-l] disused structures

    Message 1 of 207 , Jun 7, 2008
      Episcopal rubrics call for one chalice being consecrated, with additional
      needed wine being consecrated in a flagon, but there are parishes out there
      (including mine) where a second chalice rather than a flagon is consecrated.

      David Lewis

      In a message dated 6/7/2008 9:33:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      orthkid@... writes:

      I have only been doing a cursory following of this particular topic, so
      please excuse me if I provide information that has already been given.

      I know that in the Roman Catholic Church multiple chalices may be
      consecrated during the Eucharistic Prayer. I have never seen more than one consecrated
      during the Anaphora in the Orthodox Church.

      I will be seeing my Bishop today and, if I remember, I will ask him if more
      than one chalice may be consecrated if the size of the congregation is large
      enough.

      Thank you.

      Paul

      Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

      Message 207 of 207 , Jun 17, 2008
        On 6/17/08 8:58 AM, "Frank Senn" <fcsenn@...> wrote:

        > The most solemn celebrations were in the basilicas, not in the tituli or the
        > parochiae. That says something about our "parish churches" wanting to do
        > everything that a cathedral does.

        Amen and again Amen!

        St. Philip's Church, Toronto