Tridentista or Lutheranista?

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
      Golly, the tridenistas would be mighty confused by this Lutheran church!

      http://www.historictrinity.org/Easter.html

      St. Philip's Church, Toronto
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
        Or this one...

        http://www.ziondetroit.org/

        --
        Scott R. Knitter
        Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
          For the most part, an interesting article. Unfortunatly, it perpetuates the idea that Holy Pascha is related to the worship of goddess named "Eostre," which it isn't, despite being commonly repeated.

          Carl Fortunato

          Subj: [liturgy-l] Tridentista or Lutheranista?
          Date: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:54 pm
          Size: 11K
          To: Liturgy-Well-Done <liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com>

          Golly, the tridenistas would be mighty confused by this Lutheran church!

          http://www.historictrinity.org/Easter.html

          St. Philip's Church, Toronto
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
            That myth is hard to get rid of.

            Shalom b'Yeshua haMoshiach,

            +Michael Joe Thannnisch

            Pastor: Congregation Benim Avraham

            mjthannisch@...

            HYPERLINK
            "http://www.freewebs.com/childrenofabraham/"http://www.freewebs.com/children
            ofabraham/

            http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1929216

            281-867-9081

            _____

            Date: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:54 pm
            Size: 11K
            To: Liturgy-Well--Done <HYPERLINK
            "mailto:liturgy-l%40yahoogroups.com"liturgy-l@...>

            Golly, the tridenistas would be mighty confused by this Lutheran church!

            HYPERLINK
            "http://www.historictrinity.org/Easter.html"http://www.historic-trinity.org/
            -Easter.html

            St. Philip's Church, Toronto

            Checked by AVG.
            AM

            Checked by AVG.
            AM

          • Chris McConnell
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
              --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, <Cfortunato@...> wrote:

              > For the most part, an interesting article. Unfortunatly, it
              perpetuates the idea that Holy Pascha is related to the worship of
              goddess named "Eostre," which it isn't, despite being commonly repeated.>>

              It reminds me of Taft's line: "words are words, and things are
              things." Who cares where the Germanic word "Easter" comes from? What
              does that have to do with where these rites come from?

              Chris