Re: Blessings

  • John Dornheim
    Message 1 of 8 , May 16, 2000
      Well, I think that they are closer to the LCMS but that doesn't discount
      the fact that some decent stuff comes out of there.

      John Dornheim (who wonders if Art is still complaining about last year's
      Sunday School Curriculum?)
    • Art Hebbeler - President TechnoLutherans
      Message 2 of 8 , May 16, 2000
        At 10:13 AM 05/16/2000 +0000, you wrote:
        >I don't know if the following is of any import re the recent discussion
        >about blessings
        >John Dornheim
        >

        >Lutheran Church of Australia: Commission on Worship

        FWIW, isn't the LC Aus somewhere between the LCMS and WELS in doctrine?
        Art Hebbeler
        President and COO, TechnoLutherans, Ltd.
        Phone: 410.721.3690
        Fax: 410.721.8157
        mailto: luther95@...
      • Art Hebbeler - President TechnoLutherans
        Message 3 of 8 , May 17, 2000

          Message 4 of 8 , May 17, 2000
            At 11:48 PM 05/16/2000 +0000, you wrote:
            >Well, I think that they are closer to the LCMS but that doesn't discount
            >the fact that some decent stuff comes out of there.
            >
            >John Dornheim (who wonders if Art is still complaining about last year's
            >Sunday School Curriculum?)

            Me, complain about a curriculum that has Sodom and Gommorah as a lesson for
            primary grade students? Naw, not me! (Especially when it hit the week the
            Lewinski story broke). <g>

            Peace
            Art
          • fcsenn@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 17, 2000
              In a message dated 5/17/00 7:10:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
              luther95@... writes:

              << FWIW, isn't the LC Aus somewhere between the LCMS and WELS in doctrine?
              Art Hebbeler >>

              For some reason, this post has appeared several times in my e-mail. But my
              computer seems to be jumping all over the place.

              In any event, since I didn't answer this before, let me say that the Lutheran
              Church of Australia seems to be unique unto itself. It is not a member of
              the Lutheran World Federation. My impression is that it is conservative
              theologically and liturgically, but has a high view of the sacraments. This
              may reflect the influence of one of its most eminent teachers, the late Dr.
              Hermann Sasse, author of *This Is My Body,* which is still the standard
              textbook on the real presence and has the most sympathetic treatment of the
              doctrine of transubstantiation of any Lutheran monograph.

              FCSenn
            • Pastor Robert White
              Message 6 of 8 , May 17, 2000
                On 17 May 2000, at 14:47, fcsenn@... wrote:

                > In any event, since I didn't answer this before, let me say that the
                > Lutheran Church of Australia seems to be unique unto itself. It is not a
                > member of the Lutheran World Federation.

                But did, if I remember rightly, sing on to the Joint Declaration on
                the Doctrine of Justification.

                Bob

                Christos Aneste!

                Pastor Robert White
                Christ the Redeemer Lutheran Church (ELCA)
                863 Silliman Ave.
                Erie, PA USA 16511-2060
                814-899-3264
                email: xrredeem@...
              • Michael Harnois
                Message 7 of 8 , May 17, 2000
                  On Wed, 17 May 2000 19:17:34 -0400, "Pastor Robert White" <xrredeem@...> said:

                  > But did, if I remember rightly, sing on

                  Less debate and more doxology would have to be a good thing.

                  --
                  Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
                  mdharnois@... aa0bt@...
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 17, 2000
                    >But did, if I remember rightly, sing on to the Joint Declaration on
                    >the Doctrine of Justification.

                    I guess they were particularly exuberant over the event. :)

                    thomas.