Re: [SPAM] [liturgy-l] Which Traditional Missal?

    Message 1 of 57 , Jul 15, 2007
      On 7/15/07 6:14 PM, "Scott Knitter" <scottknitter@...> wrote:

      > The older version is the same, except the Jews are called "perfidis
      > Judaeis" and "Judaicam perfidaiam," in the St Andrew Daily Missal
      > (1952) translated "faithless Jews."

      The adjectives have disappeared in the 1962 edition of the St. Andrew Daily
      Missal. It will be interesting to see which missal is considered "typical"
      by the Vatican and which by the traditionalists. There is certainly a
      movement among the tridenistas to undo the revised Latin Psalter and Holy
      Week reforms of Pius XII -- that would allow Tenebrae Matins to be
      celebrated in the evening and the Easter Vigil on Saturday morning!

      Paul VI abolished the minor orders -- where are the subdeacons for high mass
      supposed to come from? The old ordinal is not authorized and that's a core
      objection of the traditionalists. It seems that most tridenistas want a
      20th century missal which includes Christ the King (1925) and the Queenship
      of Mary (1954) but not much more.

      There are so many unanswered questions in the Motu Proprio that I would hate
      to be a bishop or parish priest trying to be kosher and mediate among all
      the opinions. It's beginning to sound positively Anglican!

      St. Philip's Church, Toronto
      Message 57 of 57 , Jul 21, 2007
        I'm sure we were all remembering that as we sang it at an increasing
        tempo, to a take-me-out-to-the-ballgame organ accompaniment. :) The
        pastor had abandoned the final procession to get close to the screen
        and hop up and down.

        Not condemning here, just saying it seems like a very different world
        at my parents' church.

        --
        Scott R. Knitter
        Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA