RE: [liturgy-l] Deacons in parishes, was Question re Episcopal solemn high mass

  • Sean Ferrell
    Message 1 of 75 , May 31, 2007
      Tommy,

      Thought you might be interested in the discussion below.

      Enjoy,

      Sean+

      The Reverend Sean Ferrell
      Rector

      St. Luke's Episcopal Church

      <http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=309+E+Baltimore+St&csz=Jacks
      on%2C+TN+38301&country=us> 309 E Baltimore St
      Jackson, TN 38301

      <mailto:ferrellsd@...> ferrellsd@...

      tel:
      mobile:

      <http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=731-424-0556&Email=f
      errellsd@...> 731-424-0556

      <http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?src=jj_signature&To=731-426-5802&Email=f
      errellsd@...> 731-426-5802

      <https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=688117&v0=1370580&k0=-998769709> Add me to
      your address book...

      <http://www.plaxo.com/signature> Want a signature like this?

      _____

      From: liturgy-l@yahoogrou <mailto:liturgy-l%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 5, 2007
        Lucky Jan and Bill, and all those amazing pipe organs!

        Seriously, our parish has two deacons. They alternate doing the litanies,
        and both help with communion. The senior one does the Gospel and the junior
        does the epistle if he wants (although he usually does not, leaving it up to
        the assigned reader). If there are lots of deacons in the Eastern rites,
        they mostly stand around, and I noticed in a video I saw of the
        reconciliation of the Moscow patriarchate and the Russian Church Abroad
        (ROCOR) they formed their very own choir at times. Really impressive, those
        Russians!

        We tend to be very orderly in our liturgical anarchy.

        Rdr. James
        Olympia, WA