Re: Word & Sacrament Re: [liturgy-l] Re: Albs not cassocks

    Message 1 of 215 , Mar 11, 2007
      In a message dated 3/11/2007 4:51:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      mwmp@... writes:

      So my question to you is this: do you believe your
      disagreement is with the Presider who changes her clothes or with the
      theology of the folks who wrote and laid out the BCP?

      It is with the Presider who changes clothes midway, because this changing
      symbolically breaks down the unity or continuity of the overall Eucharistic
      rite.

      http://www.aol.com

    • James O'Regan
      Message 215 of 215 , Mar 16, 2007
        Tom wrote and I snipped:

        > 1. Why was this reader doing anything with her hands?

        Don't know. For the session, I was not worrying too much about anything
        gestic just speech. If I have the person again next year, I'll ask. I would like to
        know what she thinks is happening.

        > 2. When first introduced to orans position, ... A search for sources
        > within my library will follow.

        I would be very happy to see any sources posted.

        James O'Regan
        http://www.jamesoregan.com
        tel 613-824-4706