RE: [liturgy-l] Liturgical Change

  • James Morgan
    Message 1 of 70 , Jan 30, 2007
      Rdr. James sez:

      Compare those two versions of Ps. 15 with Eugene Peterson's:

      Yahweh, who gets invited
      To dinner at your place?
      How do we get on your guest list?

      "Walk straight, act right, tell the truth.
      Don't hurt your friend, don't blame your neighbor;
      despise the despicable.

      Keep your word even when it costs you,
      make an honest living, never take a bribe.
      You'll never get blacklisted if you live like this."

      From The Message Psalms Navpress

      Message 70 of 70 , Feb 6, 2007
        James asked:

        > could you put them and the ms on methodology in the files for this group
        > or on your own website?

        Regardless of acceptance, my bank manager-account and She-
        Who-Must-Be-Obeyed insist on commercializing all that I do
        per projects since I am not funded in any way. Ergo, a MS
        ought to come along within the year as an eBook on Amazon. If
        the journals do publish, I'll post the bibliography.

        Tom's list is very good and simply by asking how each can
        physically and actually happen, one is very close to anything
        that I have been researching: how does it (whatever "it" is)
        work? Not what do people or the Church (has always said) say
        about "it." By examining how any claim for liturgy actually
        works, and that means also finding the right questions to ask,
        one is on the right track, an effective track and a useful track.

        James O'Regan
        http://www.jamesoregan.com
        tel 613-824-4706