Just a test

  • DJP4LAW@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
      I'm not getting any mail. Are we just suffering from summer's ennui? Or has something gone awry with my "membership"?

      --
      Peace
      Dwight Penas
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
        Hi, Dwight. Yours is the first post I've had from this list since Saturday.

        I hope everyone's OK and not suffering in the heat.

        On 8/2/06, DJP4LAW@... <DJP4LAW@...> wrote:
        > I'm not getting any mail. Are we just suffering from summer's ennui? Or has something gone awry with my "membership"?

        --
        Scott R. Knitter
        Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
          Dwight Penas asked:

          <<I'm not getting any mail. Are we just suffering from
          summer's ennui? Or has something gone awry with my
          "membership"?>>

          I'm so sorry, Dwight, because someone should have contacted
          you last week about the change in the list. Seems that the
          Bavarian Illuminati have gained control of Liturgy-L. The
          changes they have initiated have left untouched the
          following: Roman Catholics, the Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans
          (regular and irregular), Presbyterians (and other Reformed),
          Baptist (including Bapto-Catholics), Methodists, and both
          New Thoughters and Paleo-Thoughters.

          HOWEVER, it seems as though the Bavarian Illuminati have an
          old grudge against those in the Lutheran tradition who did
          not climb on board the rationalist bandwagon back when, and
          have decided to remove all of us (thee and me included) who
          most likely would have been part of the orthodox rejection
          had we been around then. They have even symbolically thrown
          SK off the list. That one confuses me. Anit-rationalist he
          was. Orthodox? Hmmmmm.

          Greg, the outcast

          Gregory Holmes Singleton, Ph.D.
          Professor of History, Emeritus
          Resident Old Curmudgeon
          Northeastern Illinois University
          http://www.neiu.edu/~ghsingle/

        • John Dornheim
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
            --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, DJP4LAW@... wrote:

            > I'm not getting any mail. Are we just suffering from summer's ennui?
            Or has something gone awry with my "membership"?

            > --

            When a subscriber has questions similar to Dwight's there are a few
            things to do in order to discern the answer.

            First, go to the yahoogroups home page. You should have it bookmarked
            so that it will take you to the groups to which you are subscribed.
            Check the recent messages. If some have been posted which you did not
            recieve, check your acount. It could be bouncing through no fault of
            your own. Follow the directions there if it is.

            If this is not/does not answer your problem, contact the owners of the
            list. In this case, the address is liturgy-l-owner@yahoogroups.com

            I am not sure what we will be able to do, but it's worth a try.

            John Dornheim
            co-moderator
          • DJP4LAW@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
              One of my problems in dealing with this approach is that I'm constantly denied access to the site. I get into other groups, but I've never been able to access to the liturgy-l homepage. I know that others, in the past, have had the same problem. But perhaps they have more technical acumen than I have. (THE EARTH IS FLAT! COLUMBUS JUST DIDN'T GET FAR ENOUGH.)

              Do you have suggestions for fixing that problem? (In my defense: My post did wake up a couple of buddies.)

              Now, as to the rationalists ... . Hm.

              --
              Peace
              Dwight Penas
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
                I am not sure what to say. When I go to groups.yahoo.com/mygroups I
                have access to the 19 lists to which I subscribe. I can click on any of
                them and go to the homepage. I suppose you could try the yahoo.com help
                page but I have found that help rarely addresses my specific complaint.
                This is the first time that I have heard of someone having this problem.
                John Dornheim
                On Aug 2, 2006, at 10:51 AM, DJP4LAW@... wrote:

                > One of my problems in dealing with this approach is that I'm
                > constantly denied access to the site. I get into other groups, but
                > I've never been able to access to the liturgy-l homepage. I know that
                > others, in the past, have had the same problem. But perhaps they have
                > more technical acumen than I have. (THE EARTH IS FLAT! COLUMBUS JUST
                > DIDN'T GET FAR ENOUGH.)
                >
                > Do you have suggestions for fixing that problem? (In my defense: My
                > post did wake up a couple of buddies.)
                >
                > Now, as to the rationalists ... . Hm.
                >
                > --
                > Peace
                > Dwight Penas
                > Minneapolis
                > owners/moderators, please send an email to:
                > liturgy-l-owner@yahoogroups.com
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Holy Spirit giving life to all life,
                moving all creatures,
                root of all things,
                washing them clean,
                wiping out their mistakes,
                healing their wounds,
                you are our true life,
                luminous,
                wonderful,
                awakening the heart from its ancient sleep.

                Hildegard Von Bingen

              • Glenn
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 3, 2006
                  Are you a list moderator? This list doesn't appear in "my groups" for me
                  also. I do know that some lists are set up only to allow moderators
                  access to any of the lists features including the archived mail.

                  Glenn

                  John Dornheim wrote:
                  > I am not sure what to say. When I go to groups.yahoo.com/mygroups I
                  > have access to the 19 lists to which I subscribe. I can click on any of
                  > them and go to the homepage. I suppose you could try the yahoo.com help
                  > page but I have found that help rarely addresses my specific complaint.
                  > This is the first time that I have heard of someone having this problem.
                  > John Dornheim
                  > On Aug 2, 2006, at 10:51 AM, DJP4LAW@... wrote:
                  >
                  >> One of my problems in dealing with this approach is that I'm
                  >> constantly denied access to the site. I get into other groups, but
                  >> I've never been able to access to the liturgy-l homepage. I know that
                  >> others, in the past, have had the same problem. But perhaps they have
                  >> more technical acumen than I have. (THE EARTH IS FLAT! COLUMBUS JUST
                  >> DIDN'T GET FAR ENOUGH.)
                  >>
                  >> Do you have suggestions for fixing that problem? (In my defense: My
                  >> post did wake up a couple of buddies.)
                  >>
                  >> Now, as to the rationalists ... . Hm.
                  >>
                  >> --
                  >> Peace
                  >> Dwight Penas
                  >> Minneapolis
                  >> owners/moderators, please send an email to:
                  >> liturgy-l-owner@yahoogroups.com
                  >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >>

                  > Holy Spirit giving life to all life,
                  > moving all creatures,
                  > root of all things,
                  > washing them clean,
                  > wiping out their mistakes,
                  > healing their wounds,
                  > you are our true life,
                  > luminous,
                  > wonderful,
                  > awakening the heart from its ancient sleep.
                  >
                  > Hildegard Von Bingen

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • John Dornheim
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 3, 2006
                    I am not sure how I, as a list moderator, can assist you about this.
                    I suggest a visit to the help section
                    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/mygroups/mygroups-10.html
                    and see if you can work through whatever might be the problem.
                    Sorry if this isn't much help.
                    John Dornheim

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 3, 2006
                      I'm not sure what you are one of the other moderators did but liturgy-l
                      now appears in "My groups". Thanks.

                      +Glenn

                    • mbennett1944@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 3, 2006
                        FWIW, I'm an ordinary subscriber, liturgy-l appears on my screen of yahoo groups, and I am taken to the liturgy-l home page when I click that list name. No explanation, but simply what one ordinary subscriber sees.

                        Mike Bennett