Re: [liturgy-l] Re: Albs not cassocks

  • Ormonde Plater
    Message 1 of 215 , Jun 1, 2006
      In my diocese, one or two priests may switch from cope to chasuble, but the
      general practice is to wear the chasuble throughout the eucharist. The
      reason is that the chasuble is the distinguishing vestment of the presider,
      who presides equally for Word and Table.

      Ormonde Plater
      oplater@...

      > --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, "Lewis H Whitaker" <aspern@...> wrote:
      >
      > The cope is a processional vestment in the Anglican church too. It may
      > not be written into ritual or canon, but general practice is for the
      > priest to wear the cope, then switch to the chasuble and maniple at
      > the offertory.
      >
      > Lew
    • James O'Regan
      Message 215 of 215 , Mar 16, 2007
        Tom wrote and I snipped:

        > 1. Why was this reader doing anything with her hands?

        Don't know. For the session, I was not worrying too much about anything
        gestic just speech. If I have the person again next year, I'll ask. I would like to
        know what she thinks is happening.

        > 2. When first introduced to orans position, ... A search for sources
        > within my library will follow.

        I would be very happy to see any sources posted.

        James O'Regan
        http://www.jamesoregan.com
        tel 613-824-4706