The Liturgy of the City Street

  • Jon Christenson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2006
      A fascinating essay.

      "...where, in today's utilitarian, almost uniformly awful world of
      economics, real estate development and design, does one find
      anything that a human being can love? And where, finally, can we get
      some relief from the one-sided nonsense, promoted ad nauseum by
      pious capitalists, that the structure of one's surroundings means
      nothing, and that absolutely everything depends on consumer demand,
      on the 'individual'?

      If we want better answers to these questions, we need to look
      deeper. We need to take a look at the spiritual sources of our
      humanness. That is precisely where liturgy comes in...."

      http://www.godspy.com/culture/The-Liturgy-of-the-City-Street-by-Paul-
      Grenier-and-Tim-Patitsas.cfm

      Lenten blessings,

      Jon +