Re: [liturgy-l] Re: Bishop for confirmation

  • Bill Strehlow
    Message 1 of 204 , Feb 28 11:05 PM
      Bishops do come and go. They do not come with any regularity. And then
      too, the relations between the Episcopal/Anglican congregation(s) in
      Geneva is not good. (sad). And frankly, I am not sure anyone (but Frank)
      has thought of a Lutheran Bishop doing all this...and in fact the former
      Bishop of the Lutheran Church in France is a member of the English
      Speaking Lutheran Congregation in Geneve.

      Will give this some thought.

      Bill

      Message 204 of 204 , Apr 9, 2013
        On 4/9/13 2:43 PM, "Simon Kershaw" <simon@...> wrote:

        >In this case, however, the BBC is not to blame since the 1980s
        >adaptation of Brideshead was made by Granada not by the BBC.

        Oh thank heaven. One can hardly expect a lower-caste usurper to the BBC's
        primacy to pronounce things correctly.

        Although I much preferred Claire Bloom to Emma Thompson.