Re: [liturgy-l] Bless Me Father For I Have Sinned...

    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 9, 2006
      In a message dated 2/9/2006 4:13:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      jerry_kliner@... writes:

      We too, need to hear the words "You are forgiven" even
      though we know that God forgives us. When we fail to
      say the words or listen to them, it's like a marriage
      when the spouses fail to say "I love you." The
      relationship becomes colder and more distant. That's
      what I fear happens when protestants fail to take
      advantage of verbal confession.

      I still recall my first confession, when the priest exclaimed that there was
      rejoicing in heaven. Each confession (I'm overdue now -- I usually go twice
      each year, should go more) is indeed a powerful spiritual experience.

      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 12, 2006
        Yes...this comment from my priest at my first confession didn't help
        motivate me to confess regularly, either. Thank you for your guidance
        as to what's a sin; this will help me prepare for my long-overdue
        confession.

        --
        Scott R. Knitter
        Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA