Re: [liturgy-l] Infant baptism and communion

  • jonwest@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      In a message dated 10/1/00 3:10:42 AM, atombomb@... writes:

      << Genesis, with an eye on the wording of the LXX:

      "She said, "I don't want to see the child die." And as she sat over
      against him, the child cried out and wept. 17 And God listened to the
      voice of the child from the place, where he was; and the angel of God
      called to Hagar from the sky, and said to her, "What is it, Hagar? Fear
      not; for God has heard the voice of the child, from the place, where he
      is. 18 Get up, take the child, and grasp him with your hand; for I will
      make him into a great nation." 19 Then God opened her eyes, and she saw
      a well of living water; and she went, and filled the skin with water,
      and gave the child a drink. 20 And God was with the child, and he grew up."

      God listened to the voice of the child, and ensured that he had living
      water so that he would live and become what God would make of him.

      Regards,

      John Burnett >>

      Isn't that the story of Ishmael?

      Isn't that who the Moslems claim lineage from Abraham?

      What a wonderful ecumenical story.

      A sal me le cum as they say
      Peace be with you as they mean

      Jon West
    • atombomb
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
        Blessed be God!

        On the topic of infant baptism and communion:

        Sometimes when I am reading scripture, things seem to apply in a funny,
        symbolic sort of way: so here's something I happened to notice in