Maverick Preacher for 3 months?

  • Nathan Nettleton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      Dear Friends,

      I was recently speaking with a church in Europe who were looking for
      an interim preacher for three months. I was hoping it would come off
      because I have three months paid leave owing to me, and so does my
      wife, and I am going to Europe for a conference in August anyway.
      Unfortunately this possibility has fallen through.

      I still have the leave to take and a round-the-world ticket to take,
      but no where to go. I don't have enough money to cover three months
      accommodation, so what I am interested in is finding a church that is
      looking for a pulpit supply for up to three months in return for
      accommodation. I'm not really looking for for the responsibilities of
      a full interim pastoral position - my leave is supposed to be leave -
      but I am happy to preach and lead worship.

      Is there anyone out there who knows of a church who might be looking
      for someone? Or would any of you who know me be willing to make
      enquiries for me with your relevant denominational bodies?

      I'd consider options pretty much anywhere in the world, although
      obviously I'd prefer a place that was an interesting place to take
      some leave with my family, and I am monolingual. I can't be so
      flexible about the time. I am in Europe until August 28, and
      available between then and the end of the year.

      I've put a curriculum vitae on the web at
      http://LaughingBird.net/NathansResume.pdf

      I realise it is short notice and therefore against the odds, but I'd
      be very grateful for any help anyone could provide in making
      enquiries for me or linking me with anything suitable.

      Peace and hope,

      Nathan
      Nathan Nettleton
      LaughingBird.net Liturgical Resources