Re: Birettas: Was RE: [liturgy-l] Re: Shortened Asperges

  • Adam Barner
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 8, 2004
      Oh, yes, the hats. No guns, please, Lutherans. I
      think the "liturgical movement" is too far along to
      see the introduction of birettas in the Lutheran
      Church. I'll leave my own opinions about the
      so-called "liturgical" movement out of this discussion
      because what I have to say is not apppropriate for
      mixed company or anyone under the age of 75 to hear.

      Adam Barner
      USA

      --- DJP4LAW@... wrote:

      > >Next you will have to introduce
      > >birettas in the Lutheran Church.
      >
      > >Adam Barner
      > >USA
      >

      > Adam:
      >
      > You do mean the little caps and not the handguns,
      > right? Here in Minneapolis we're a little gunshy,
      > having just gone through court cases testing
      > whether, under out state's conceal-and-carry law,
      > churches can ban handguns from cars in their parking
      > lots and whether we must post notices banning them
      > from our buildings. Ah, but I digress.
      >
      > My point is not to even raise the point about
      > birettas: With the current rage for wearing caps
      > indoors (even by middle-aged men, for crying out
      > loud), it wouldn't take long to get such a get-up
      > established. On the other hand, I suppose, it would
      > be a way of connecting with the (usually) younger
      > generation, eh?
      > --
      > Peace and joy,
      > Dwight
      > _____________________________________
      >
      > Advent is not just four weeks
      > in which to prepare for Christmas.
      > Advent is the church���s life.
      > Advent is Christ���s presence...
      > and will bring about God���s true reign,
      > telling us, humanity, that Isaiah���s prophecy
      > is now fulfilled:
      > Emmanuel ��� God with us.
      >
      > -- Archbishop Oscar Romero, martyr
      >

      > Visit the liturgy-l homepage at
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/liturgy-l/To write to
      > the owners/moderators, please send an email to:
      > liturgy-l-owner@yahoogroups.comTo write to the
      > owners/moderators, please send an email to:
      > liturgy-l-owner@yahoogroups.com
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • The Gonnermans
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 10, 2004
        I get the distinct feeling that the answer is "no". ;-)

        Grace and agape,
        Joshua

        “If I had a big car and I was Elvis, that’d be grand!” Father Dougal, Father
        Ted Series