Birettas: Was RE: [liturgy-l] Re: Shortened Asperges

  • DJP4LAW@aol.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 8, 2004
      >Next you will have to introduce
      >birettas in the Lutheran Church.

      >Adam Barner
      >USA

      Adam:

      You do mean the little caps and not the handguns, right? Here in Minneapolis we're a little gunshy, having just gone through court cases testing whether, under out state's conceal-and-carry law, churches can ban handguns from cars in their parking lots and whether we must post notices banning them from our buildings. Ah, but I digress.

      My point is not to even raise the point about birettas: With the current rage for wearing caps indoors (even by middle-aged men, for crying out loud), it wouldn't take long to get such a get-up established. On the other hand, I suppose, it would be a way of connecting with the (usually) younger generation, eh?
      --
      Peace and joy,
      Dwight

      Advent is not just four weeks
      in which to prepare for Christmas.
      Advent is the church’s life.
      Advent is Christ’s presence...
      and will bring about God’s true reign,
      telling us, humanity, that Isaiah’s prophecy
      is now fulfilled:
      Emmanuel – God with us.

      -- Archbishop Oscar Romero, martyr
    • The Gonnermans
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 10, 2004
        I get the distinct feeling that the answer is "no". ;-)

        Grace and agape,
        Joshua

        “If I had a big car and I was Elvis, that’d be grand!” Father Dougal, Father
        Ted Series