RE: [liturgy-l] "Real-time" discussions....

  • Avril Baigent
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
      PST - what's that? how about good old Greenwich Mean Time . . .
      Personally, being so far out of step time-wise with all of you on the
      other side of the Atlantic, I think it would be very difficult for me to
      join in this kind of discussion. I imagine it would be even more
      difficult for our Australian members.
      I really like the way that email just sits there until I'm ready for it!

      Avril

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
        On 1 Sep 2000, at 8:32, Avril Baigent wrote:

        > PST - what's that?

        Pacific Standard Time (I currently function under EDT: Eastern
        Daylight Time).

        As Avril also noted, the advantage of email is that you don't have to
        keep someone else's hours to engage in "conversation."

        Nonetheless, the chat thingy is there if anyone ever wants to use
        it. It requires no permissions, other than membership in the list, it
        requires no moderator, only the one we all function under when we
        stick reasonably close to the list rules.

        Bob

        The test of a preacher is that his congregation goes away
        saying, not 'What a lovely sermon' but, 'I will do something!'
        --St. Francis de Sales