Tenebrae

  • Robert Gilmore
    Message 1 of 82 , Oct 2, 2004
      Dear Friends,

      Our parish is offering an early (Anglican) traditional version of
      Tenebrae on eBay at present. I had a look at the copy. It seems a long
      liturgy, with distinctive chants.

      My question is this - The worship called Tenebrae is rarely found in the
      Anglican Church in England, is it more common in the States?

      And a supplementary question: Does the service where it is found vary
      from place to place - or is there a standard form?
      and I've also just thought - is there an online modern version?

      Thank you,
      Yours,

      Robert.

      PS The list of (mainly Anglo Catholic) liturgy books on auction is at:
      http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=surtees5&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

      _________________________
      from Robert Gilmore rgilmore@...
      Message 82 of 82 , Aug 1, 2010
        I picked up the term from the posting to which I responded. The context
        would be in that posting.

        David

        In a message dated 7/31/2010 11:43:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        oregan@... writes:

        Please define drama and mystery.

        All the best,

        James O'Regan