Lutherans and the Theotokos

  • DJP4LAW@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      I sincerely hope that Lutheran parishes with access to the Lutheran Book of Worship will not overlook the explicit direct address to Our Lady in 'YE WATCHERS AND YE HOLY ONES" (LBW 175):

      O higher than the cherubim,
      More glorious than the seraphim
      Lead their praises, "alleluia!"
      Thou bearer of the eternal word.
      Most gracious,
      magnify the Lord: "Alleluia" (5x).

      If this repeats an earlier post, I realize that I have many posts to review, and I apologize.

      --
      Peace and joy,
      Dwight

      "May the memory of the time when the Church breathed with ‘both lungs’ spur Christians of East and West to walk together in unity of faith and with respect for legitimate diversity, accepting and sustaining each other as members of the one Body of Christ." (John Paul II)