Re: [liturgy-l] Illegal Copying of Music

  • LesandJon@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
      In a message dated 3/1/04 12:58:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      oregan@... writes:

      > Yes, œthe religious services exemption in the Copyright Law permits the
      > performance of copyrighted religious works in the course of services at
      > places of
      > worship or at religious assemblies
      >
      > The law provides for the owner of a copyright to recover damages ranging
      > from
      > $500 to $100,000 per copyright infringed

      The religious services exemption is a waiving of _performance_ fees. This
      has nothing to do with photocopying. Photocopying is always prohibited without
      the permission of the copyright holder...even if the work is out of print.

      Blessings,
      Les Selage
      Palm Bay, Florida

    • James O'Regan
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
        Les wrote and I snipped:

        > oregan@... writes:
        >
        > > Yes, œthe religious services exemption in the Copyright Law
        > > permits the performance of copyrighted religious works in the course
        > > of services at

        Just to be clear, I was quoting the CMPA web site
        not offering an opinion. Full details about the
        CMPA's position on various copyright issues sit
        at its site.

        James O'Regan