Re: Auctioning off Lattie

  • Jim Lattie
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2003
      Gregory, His Curmudgeonliness penned,

      Message: 10
      Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:49:09 -0000
      From: "Gregory Holmes Singleton" <G-Singleton@...>
      Subject: WE HAVE A WINNER! (WAS: News From Sardinia)

      James O'Regan wrote:

      <<Yes, that's it. Simon wins the latte! Bien fait.>>

      Indeed he does! And he also has my gratitude for finding the text.

      Simon, when will you next be in Chicago?

      And does no one know the hymnists who came up with "O Lord, please
      don't burn us, Don't grill or toast your flock."

      Pax et sardineum,

      Greg

      --------
      and another added;

      From: Scott Knitter <scottknitter@...>
      Subject: Re: WE HAVE A WINNER! (WAS: News From Sardinia)

      When Simon comes to Chicago, I'd like to be in on the coffee
      conversation. I'll buy my own latte, since I'm not the
      winner. I owe Simon a dinner as well.

      --------------------------
      and still later:

      Yes indeed! I'll pop for your latte (and Scott's too) when we all
      gather in Chicago. If it is on a Sunday, we can then amble over to
      Immanuel, Evanston, for Compline.

      Greg

      Hey! What are you guys doing?! Auctioning me off now?

      Harrumph!! (tm)

      And you could at least spell my name correctly. And I am best served
      with a little whipped cream on top.