RE: [liturgy-l] Covering statues during Lent

  • Lewis H Whitaker
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
      OR, the cross may be unveiled in situ. It may be unveiled at the altar OR in
      procession, making "stations" as one would for the Paschal candle. I think
      the former is the older practice, the latter being newer.

      LHW

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 9, 2003
        asteresplanetai@... writes:

        << Yes, that one, though they spell it Madelein, just like the cookie.
        I've been back to see the refurbishment, >>

        The sites I just checked on line spell it "Madelaine."

        Whatever the spelling-

        In any case, it's worth a visit. Interestingly, when I visited the top
        observation
        deck of the IDS Tower, my guide, a charming nurse [where do they find
        these young people!] volunteer, took pains to point out the Cathedral
        from that spectacular vantage point, and she volunteered the information
        that she had been there for liturgies a number of occasions, including
        an Easter Vigil.

        David Strang.